- Receiving a product inquiry
- A click on a “buy” button
- Collecting a lead
- A completed sale transaction
- All of these are macro conversions for an e commerce site.
Explanation: Macro conversions are your primary business objectives. Micro conversions are the relationship building activities that lead up to a macro conversion.
- micro conversions, for example, signups for your email newsletter, account creations, and other activities that often precede a purchase
- macro conversions, i.e. sales transactions